Can’t sleep so, lessons you should write down.
1. Don’t try to run away from ACS
2. Don’t have a strange man call and lie to ACS for you
3. Don’t scream craziness right next to the strange man on the phone with ACS
4. Use *67 before prank calling ACS
5. Don’t say a child doesn’t live where they actually live. The next conclusion becomes the child is homeless.
6. When threatened with the police knocking down your door, don’t ask if they could call you when they’re on their way over.
7. Don’t neglect to tell the person you’re giving your child to that the government is looking for said child.
8. Don’t call and text 45 times while ACS is interviewing the person you’ve entrusted your child with.
If Jacket’s mom would have been honest with me, I would have suggested that I come to the house (and the detective if she’s willing at this point) for the interview to support her. That way everything I said would be out in the open. I had a lot of positive things to say and I was able to explain that Jacket’s mom is NOT abandoning her but that she should be rewarded for having a safety plan of sending Jacket to me whenever she needs it. Yes, she only came with a couple of pull-ups but that’s because I have EVERYTHING for Jacket, her mom knows, and I always insist on her not worrying about clothes and such.
Now I have to pretend like I haven’t talked to ACS and it’s a horrible feeling. I’ve worked soooo hard to build trust with Jacket’s mom all year. I hope I salvage our relationship while enabling ACS to make more informed decisions about Jacket’s needs.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- chadclan likes this
- waterdripsthroughstonexx likes this
- sarawishesonstars likes this
- gavinandxandersmom likes this
- cougartraining likes this
- blairsings said: Oh wow. I am so glad Jacket still has you in her life. So wonderful she has a safe, mentally sound place full of love.
- blairsings likes this
- lazydad likes this
- alexieileen said: I’m sorry, but I just LOL’d at #6. I don’t know how you do all this, Rebecca. You’re a saint.
- alinalogic likes this
- babymilkdud likes this
- elizmayerle said: Ah, so crazy. Good luck and I hope you get some sleep. Keep being amazing.
- nyclust likes this
- librarianpirate said: Holy schamoley I’m so sorry you had to deal with this and also so glad you were there.
- blissandzen likes this
- librarianpirate likes this
- mamamusement said: Such a tough situation. Keeping you all in prayer.
- berezina likes this
- bthny likes this
- fosterhood posted this