Nothing like an old school freak-out over Jacket’s health. Just woke up in the middle of the night to a pool of blood up by our heads (I’ll spare you photos).
First thing I did was go to the bathroom to see if it was coming from me- no need to wake the princess. Nada. Back to Jacket, I start looking her over by moonlight. Not finding any zealously scratched mosquito bites or the like, I jump to the next logical conclusion- a stray bullet. The NY Post has me convinced that they are designed especially for innocent, little kids ‘full of life’. Jacket fits the bill.
I was already hearing a mock police interview in my head. “Ma’am, what did you do after you saw the blood?” “I checked to see if she was still breathing. She was. Robustly mind you. So I went back to sleep”. “Your story isn’t making any sense Ma’am.”
On go the lights. As I’m looking for bullet entry points, Jacket acted like a middle of the night body check is routine and she obligingly lifted her arms, no questions asked. Next, I check the windows for holes- none. “Good news, Jacket wasn’t shot” I sarcastically said out loud to myself.
I have since deduced that Jacket had a nose bleed. I just finished pre-washing my sheets and am now doing my best to snuggle a very cranky and demanding Jacket while balancing us both on her waterproof toddler bed mattress on the floor.
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- rugcleaningmiami likes this
- lolkay likes this
- amandaceleste likes this
- ipromisetowrite likes this
- yeahchloe said: My 3 yr old gets nose bleeds alot the first time i freaked out soooo bad. Saying she needs a doctot none of my other kids ever got nose bleeds. Supposedly its normal. Well not to me it freaked me out.
- anonmom59 likes this
- alinalogic likes this
- courtneyannabelle likes this
- themotherrunner likes this
- a-tawny-scrawny-mama likes this
- imnotthatkindofgirl likes this
- laraloveschad likes this
- sunsaturatedsidethoughts likes this
- lesterboquiren reblogged this from fosterhood
- lovelylyra likes this
- relovingit likes this
- gavinandxandersmom likes this
- catherine likes this
- miniaturebee likes this
- nrtnonl likes this
- sweetpeafairies likes this
- gnimaerd likes this
- fosterhood posted this