Several of you have asked me for a more detailed review of the sex abuse prevention (my terminology- not the authors) books I sorted through at the book store based on really informative reader recommendations. I didn’t have much more to say other than I found them all similar (and didn’t care for any of the illustration styles), but I just had a thought…
Correct me if I’m wrong, but I don’t think that any of them say something like “but IF someone touches your private parts, it’s not your fault and you should tell a trusted adult (teacher, parents, REBECCA).” Maybe it’s there but I missed it?
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- hormonalinducedbanter said: You could write your own- maybe even sell/donate some yo other at risk youth- start small,ask traders for input, you could have stumbled on a great path to educate
- mommyakajenna likes this
- librarianpirate likes this
- yourrailroadgate said: Maybe you should write one. Seriously.
- ikenstore likes this
- mermaidofthesoil said: i know that “do you have a secret?” by jennifer moore-mallinos does have a line like that in it. the illustrations are lame but i think they’re tolerable in light of the book’s message.
- punkdad likes this
- fdeeeth likes this
- bujnik said: Aren’t the books merely a way to start a dialogue?
- fosterhood posted this