The most common question I get is “WHY did you become a foster parent”. I always have different answers. Basically, I was handed a pretty good gig of a life and I’d like for it to be meaningful. Three factors for me to consider:
1. Impact- a la Bill Gates trying to spread his money to save the most lives. How can I be really, really helpful with the time I have?
2. Interest- What would I like to do?
3. Investment- Moving to a developing country = high investment. Staying in the city that I love, surrounded by my friends and comforts while acquiring a goofy toddler= low investment.
So yeah, here’s a silly chart I just tossed together. Obviously 100% subjective. Send me more ideas and I’ll expand it!
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- hakan199808 likes this
- ageminigoddess likes this
- therosehshow reblogged this from fosterhood
- therosehshow likes this
- mommyakajenna likes this
- fosterwee likes this
- stillwishingforfaries likes this
- yumwatch likes this
- melissanat likes this
- waterdripsthroughstonexx likes this
- sararooster said: This is genius! I’d bump up the impact on blood donation though. It seems low impact when we donate, but to the person who receives it, it’s huge.
- janelovesny likes this
- lovelylyra likes this
- ohbabybird said: I like to say “because you and others don’t” But with a smile…
- ffatimapatricia reblogged this from fosterhood
- braidsbraided likes this
- redasbloodblackasnight reblogged this from fosterhood
- redasbloodblackasnight likes this
- ayyejaycru reblogged this from fosterhood
- obens likes this
- wwjzd likes this
- fosterhood posted this