Not fosterhood related but in the same vein of do-gooding.
Here’s what they’re asking for at the Park Slope YMCA Armory Special Needs Shelter: 1. new underwear 2. new socks 3. any sweatpants 4. any sweaters/hoodies
The nursing and group home staff have been working nonstop for days and can’t leave their patients. If you’re inclined (and within walking distance) take them your left over Halloween candy to lift spirits. Actually, they’ll eat anything you send in there and everyone’s begging for coffee (the deli is a bit of a walk). Just make sure you tell them it’s for staff and volunteers so they accept it. Unfortunately, the wrong donations can be a burden.
It’s tricky what can be given to the special needs population. Everything seems to be dangerous or too cumbersome. Bracelets can be a big hit, so are stickers. Yeah, stickers, fun socks…they need some stimulation, I think they’re going to be there a while.
(I ended up there because twitter was blowing up asking for help. I thought we (Medical Reserves Corps) deployed this year, but it turns out we were, the call didn’t go through)
Recent commentsBlog comments powered by Disqus
- serendipityschild likes this
- childiswealth reblogged this from coolcalmcommitted
- coolcalmcommitted reblogged this from fosterhood
- gavinandxandersmom likes this
- positivelypersistentteach said: can you please reblog the post I made about a service member (deployed) looking for a family member in NY after the storm
- burningtoemerge likes this
- fosterhood posted this